Office Therapy Release Notes
Version 11.0.9 (March 7, 2013)
- Shortcut icon for Office Therapy not showing properly.
Version 11.0.8 (March 5, 2013)
- When printing the 5010 HCFA Form, the birth dates in boxes 3, 9b and 11a will be in the MM/DD/YYYY format.
Version 11.0.7 (March 5, 2013)
- When printing the 5010 HCFA Form, some of the dates were using the MM/DD/YYYY format. I have corrected the form to show all dates in the MM/DD/YY format.
- The claims manager error checker used to stop a claim from being added to the electronic claim if there were issues with the date of birth, zip code, illness onset date or claim file indicator. This has been changed. The
claims will still be included in the electronic claims but the provider will receive a message that the claims may be rejected because of missing/incomplete information. When receiving any error checker
messages, we recommend correcting the issues and re-processing the claims before submitting them.
Version 11.0.6 (February 21, 2013)
- When filing an electronic claim with a subscriber other than the client, the electronic file may have been missing information. This has been fixed.
Version 11.0.5 (February 18, 2013)
- When using a Party as the subscriber for a client that has a DIFFERENT address entered in the party setup, the complete address/city/state/ZIP does not print on the HCFA paper claims. This has been fixed.
- Box 20 is not being checked "No" on the HCFA forms. This has been fixed.
- "Full Time Student" is not being checked on the HCFA forms despite having entered it in the client setup. This has been fixed.
- If the "scrubber" utility designated an issue with a claim it would still be included in the electronic claims with data missing. This has been fixed.
- The ERA payments were using the overridden provider name (if applicable) as the provider for the payment. The rendering provider will now be the associated provider name on the ERA payment.
Version 11.0.4 (February 7, 2013)
- If the provider address was long, it may have been getting cut off in box 33 of the paper claims. The box has been made larger to allow an increased number of address characters to print on the HCFA 1500 form.
- The 24H value was not printing on the paper claims. This has been fixed.
Version 11.0.3 (January 24,2013)
- When providers, using a 64 bit operating system, tried to scan client documents in Office Therapy the program would immediately close. This has been fixed.
- On the paper claims, if a provider selected to use custom billing address information, the phone number in box 33 was not being populated properly. This has been fixed.
- On the electronic claims, the hospice indicator wouldn't print if there was more than one procedure code modifier used. This has been fixed.
Version 11.0.2 (January 4, 2013)
- An object not set error could be seen if the company information was saved without the company name being filled in. This has been fixed. The company name is still required.
- Secondary paper claims wouldn't allow the group secondary ID to be listed in box 33b of the HCFA 1500 form. This has been fixed. To show a group secondary ID, go to the insurance company's information-E-File tab and put information in the secondary id and secondary id type boxes.
- The date of birth was mandatory during the data validation checks. This has been changed to recommended. The program will warn the provider of a missing date of birth, however, it will still process the claim.
- The secondary insurance claims wouldn't automatically show in the grid unless the "include charges that were already marked as filed" box was checked. This has been corrected.
- A button has been added to the claim processing results page. If any errors were encountered when producing the electronic claims, the "Show Error Report" button will list the errors and the clients affected.
- If a claim is unable to be processed because of a missing date of birth, the log will now indicate whose date of birth is missing as well as the client name.
- The Add CPT code function would only add the charge types for new procedure codes. The charge types can now be added at any time.
- The CPT Manager help files have been added to the application.
Version 11.0.1 (December 11, 2012)
- Three daily reports were added to Report Essentials. Two daily payment reports were added. One report is run by the transaction date and the other is run by the entry date. The third report is a daily charges summary report. All three reports can be found in Report Essentials under the "Daily Entry Reports" folder.
- Claims Manager required an illness onset date as a part of a data validation check. Since this segment is situational, the program has been changed to only evaluate the date if it is filled in. The onset date is no longer required. However, if it is available, it will be compared to the date of service for a validity check as the onset date must be on or before the date of service.
- On the "Process ERA Payments" screen a drop-down box for payment method was added. The drop-down list automatically searches for 'EFT'. If it's not found, it will default to the first item in the list. Once the "Process Payments" button is selected, this payment method will populate the drop-down list on the payment screen in Office Therapy.
- The "Adjust Appointment Charges" utility has been added. This utility is used to update appointment charge types. On 1/1/2013 new CPT codes will need to be used. Any recurring appointments may still have the retired CPT codes. Use this utility to update the appointment CPT codes.
Version 11.0.0 (December 3, 2012)
- If you switched the calendar view to "week" and then went to another part of the program, the "day" view would be showing again when you returned to the calendar. Once you select the "week" view the calendar will remember for that session.
- After making a payment, Office Therapy would ask to file the secondary insurance claim (if applicable). If 'Yes' is selected the program would take the provider to the 4010 claims filing process. This has been removed from the program. To file secondary claims, open the Claims Manager and search for open secondary insurance claims.
- A link has been added to the CPT Manager application. This application will be used to update CPT codes and standard charges.
- A validation check has been added to the charges screen to validate CPT code filing. When you press "OK" to add a charge for the client, the program will check to see if the CPT Code is valid for that date of service. If it is not, it will not allow the provider to add the charge.
- The effective date and expiration date fields have been added to the procedure code screen. This information is used in the CPT validation check of the charges screen.
- A 5010 Insurance filing history report has been added to Report Essentials.
- A deceased flag has been added to the client screen.
- The Charge Type has been added to the Client Information table on the calendar.
- The help files have been updated.
- The e-prescribing functionality has been removed from the program.
- By default, 4010 claims processing has been disabled. To enable, go to File-Administration-Maintain Company Information and select the "Allow 4010 processing" item.
- The Claims Manager claims log report wouldn't show any paper claims records if there were no electronic claims. This has been fixed.
- Office Therapy allows the group name of the insurance company to be 60 characters. Claims Manager only allows 50. If a group name is more than 50 characters it will be truncated in the electronic filing.
- When searching for the unfiled secondary insurance claims, the Claims Manager would show all secondary claims. This has been fixed.
- Added 5010 electronic remittance advice (ERA) processing. In order to use this functionality, the electronic claim (837 file) must be generated from the ClaimsManager in 5010 format.
- Added additional electronic claims validation checking. When processing electronic claims, the program will now check for the required fields: Diagnosis, Provider NPI, Rendering Provider Name, Rendering Provider Tax ID, Rendering Provider Address, a 9-digit Provider Billing Zip Code, Client Date of Birth, a Claim Filing Indicator and the Benefit Assignment Certification Indicator. Claims Manager will also check to make sure the illness onset date is on or before the client's date of service.
- A button has been added on the main menu for the help files. The files can also be accessed by pressing the 'F1' key.
Version 10.0.40 (October 26, 2012)
- An error would appear when trying to file 4010 claims. This has been corrected.
Version 10.0.39 (October 25, 2012)
- The subscriber middle initial and suffix (if available) were not being sent in the electronic claims files. This has been corrected.
Version 10.0.38 (August 2, 2012)
- An object reference not set to an instance of an object error was produced when filing some claims. This has been corrected.
- The "My Fields" textboxes would overlap the command buttons if there were more than 10 fields defined. This has been corrected.
Version 10.0.37 (July 31, 2012)
- The hospice employee indicator loop has been added to the electronic claim files. In order for this loop to be included in the file, the insurance company name must be 'Medicare' and the procedure code modifier must be a 'GV' or 'GW'.
- If a provider would like their credentials to show in box 31 of the 1500 paper claims, they can go into the Office Therapy Insurance Specific Provider Settings and use a custom billing name. This billing name will appear in box 31. To add the credentials, simply add the credentials after the last name in the custom name field.
- When a GEDI Password was filled out in Office Therapy, it would overwrite the FTP password. This has been corrected. You may need to re-save the FTP password.
- If a user control name was long, the name would be truncated on the screen. That field has been widened.
- When accepting credit card payments there is an option to process the payment manually. If this is selected, a message box will appear to remind the provider that the credit card information will not be sent to the payment processing company and that the payment cannot be processed at a later time without re-entering the credit card information.
Version 10.0.36 (July 6, 2012)
- The company NPI would show in box 24J of the paper claim if the rendering provider was set up to file using the company (group) NPI. This has been fixed.
Version 10.0.35 (July 2, 2012)
- If the rendering provider was overridden on a charge, and the claim was being submitted on paper, the NPI would show for the rendering provider instead of the billing provider (in box 24J). This has been fixed.
- When selecting the "Upload to Clearinghouse" button after processing a claim, the default folder of "/Claims" was used as the FTP folder at the Clearinghouse. Not all Clearinghouses use that folder for incoming FTP files. A textbox was added in Office Therapy under File-Administration-Maintain Electronic Filing Information named "FTP Remote Path" to set this value. The name of the FTP folder can be put here for the "Upload to Clearinghouse" button to use. The default value is "/Claims".
- On the insurance tab of the "Patient Setup" screen, you are able to activate and deactivate patient insurance companies. Functionality was added so that when an insurance company is deactivated for the client, the "File Claims" checkbox is unchecked. Conversely, if an insurance company is activated, the "File Claims" checkbox is checked.
Version 10.0.34 (June 25, 2012)
- The desktop icon was changed to a default icon in version 10.0.33. This has been fixed. It may take a reboot of the computer to be able to see the reinstated icon.
Version 10.0.33 (June 19, 2012)
- When filing secondary paper claims the amount paid box (box 29) was being rounded up to the nearest dollar. This has been fixed.
Version 10.0.32 (June 15, 2012)
- An "invalid property array index" error could occur when trying to schedule a group appointment if the number of individuals in a group was less than the total number of groups. This has been fixed.
Version 10.0.31 (June 8, 2012)
- When filing a claim for a client without an ICD 9 diagnosis code an error ("Object reference not set to an instance of an object.") would be triggered. ClaimsManager will now continue processing the claims that do have a diagnosis and then produce a list of clients that did not process because of the missing ICD 9 diagnosis.
- When the Client ID column was added to the Client list an error would occur ("A column has been specified more than once in the order by list.") when trying to sort by the Client ID column. This has been fixed.
Version 10.0.30 (June 4, 2012)
- When filing a claim an error would occur if no Axis I DSM-IV Diagnosis was specified for the client. This has been fixed.
Version 10.0.29 (June 1, 2012)
- The cursor would sometimes freeze when entering the Group Name or Group Number on the insurance tab. This has been fixed.
- When entering the standard charges for a client it was possible to get a "Either BOF or EOF is True" error. This has been fixed.
- The document template "Filename" and "Save Files" folder were very narrow, making a long file path difficult to read. The text boxes were widened.
- After a file is uploaded, the file is moved to an archive folder. Archive was misspelled. This has been fixed.
- In some cases when claims were being submitted for a patient with multiple diagnoses, multiple providers and multiple dates of service the provider may have received a rejection because of a diagnosis pointer error. This has been fixed.
- A textbox has been added for the FTP port number. This will allow providers to upload to FTP sites not using the default FTP port number.
Version 10.0.28 (May 21, 2012)
- Unpaid and overdue charges were not being shown in the claims manager when the "Show only unpaid and overdue charges" checkbox was checked. This has been fixed.
Version 10.0.27 (May 17, 2012)
- Prior authorization numbers were not included in the service line level. This has been fixed.
- In the electronic claims file, when multiple claims with different prior authorization numbers were being filed, only one authorization number was printing in the file. This has been fixed.
- The icon for the "Review Acknowledgements" menu item has been changed.
- An additional claim identifier was added to the electronic claim files. This information was added to help providers track down specific claims in the acknowledgement file.
Version 10.0.26 (April 24, 2012)
- Claim History tab on the Charge screen now indicated the dates the claim was produced and filed.
- When printing a re-produced bill including super bill info, the Dx code is showing in the top right corner, but not in the bolded text in the center of the page. This is because the diagnosis codes shown on the top are DSM. And the ones in the lower section are ICD. It was confusing since both of these were labeled as "Diagnoses". This is fixed where now each one is labeled accordingly.
- If Referring Provider is entered as Firstname<space>LastName, the Referring
provider loop was not included in a 4010 claim.
- In the Claims Manager, if you check the "select all" check box and then deselect anything the Claims Manager will still process all of the claims listed.
- Custom First and Last Name entered in the Billing Name section of Provider Payer Settings is incorrectly produced on an electronic claim.
- Claims Manager errored out with "System.NullReference" errors when orphan distributions existed in the database.ex. The distribution exists but the policy to which it was applied had been deleted. Usually you will notice this on older charges.
- A customer reported experiencing issues with Diagnosis Codes which had no
printed on Paper Claims generated using Claims Manager. This problem only
affected Diagnosis code that were 3 digits (without a second part).
- Three new fields on the Claims Log Report - Claim File Path, Claim Reference Number, and Ack Reference Number, will now help you easily track back to the exact claim file associated with the charges filed.
Version 10.0.25 (April 2, 2012)
- For some users who were producing 4010 claims using OT 10, the Claims Manager would list the charges that were produced using 4010 and marked as filed.
- Ability to select individual charges for producing claims from the list of charges that appear in the Claims Manager. You can do this by checking or unchecking the checkbox next to the charge.
- Added an easier way to reproduce a batch of charges without having to pull up each individual charge and mark it for resubmit. When selecting the criteria for listing the charges, on the Advanced tab, check the box that says "Include charges that were already marked as filed". The list will now include filed as well as unfiled charges based on the other criteria thats selected.
Version 10.0.24 (March 22, 2012)
- Extra diagnosis codes were wrongly added in box 21 of certain paper claims.This
usually occured when the claim batch included patients with more than one
diagnosis codes. This is fixed. Note that this issue was in the CMS form data
layout module and only affects the paper claims. In order to regenerate any
older paper claims you do not have to reproduce a batch instead go to Claims
History screen, pick the date the batch was produced, and right click to
"View/Print Claim". The new CMS forms produced will have the correct data laid
out to be printed.
- Allow free-typing date into the date field on the Claims History screen.
Version 10.0.23 (March 21, 2012)
- If Facility City, State, and Zip information was entered in the "Address 2" field instead of the
"City,State-Zip" field the electronic and paper claims produced would not have the facility City,State, and Zip information.
This caused Facility Loop related rejections. This is now fixed to where
Facility City,State, and Zip information will be correctly extracted irrespective
of which field its entered in.
Version 10.0.22 (March 19, 2012)
- The setting "Use Company Information for 837 Pay-To Address" the Company Information was visible in OT9 but not in OT10. This is fixed. Note: this setting only applies to 4010.
- Under "Provide Specific Insurance Settings" the Pay-To Phone box had always appeared as disabled. This is removed since there is no relevant field for this on an electronic claim.
- Custom Pay-To address information entered under "Provider Specific Insurance Settings" was not being produced on the electronic claims.
Version 10.0.21 (March 13, 2012)
- "Patient Signature Source Code" which was unavailable for editing is now
available in the grid on the Client Setup > EFile tab.
Note: that this code has had a major change between 4010 and 5010. In 4010,
this code could possibly have one of several values- B,C,M,P or S. In 5010, this
code can only have one value, P, to indicate when signature was executed on the
patient’s behalf. So to capture this, in addition to the being able to enter the value on the grid,
we also have a checkbox on the Client Insurance>HCFA Details form called "Provider
Signed On Patients Behalf". Checking this box will set the "Patient Signature
Status Code" to a value P.
- Grid related to EFile on the Client Setup and Insurance Setup now clearly indicate the fields that affect only 4010 claims. Ex. under Insurance Company Setup>EFile the value assigned to "837-Set 2010AA to Individual" affects only 4010 claims.
- Charges marked as filed using the File Insurance(4010) module would still appear listed under the 5010 Claims Manager.
Version 10.0.20 (March 8, 2012)
- The issue with the * in the ledger to indicate if a charge is filed is now fixed. Please note that
with this update all your past (since upgrading to version 10) charges that were filed will be automatically marked
in the ledger accordingly. You do not need to refile your claims.
- In an Office Therapy integrated with QuicDoc, when a new provider is added in OT, a user is created in QD. This breaks in a user based licensing environment. Additionally, even if this newly created QD user was to be marked as inactive after the initial creation, the next time changes are made to providers profile in Office Therapy, the corresponding QD user profile gets reactivated thus breaking licensing again. This is fixed where now when a provider is added to Office Therapy, if there are no user licenses available in corresponding QuicDoc, the QD user profile created will be marked as inactive.
- On the Provider>HCFA Details screen the box "33a.Organization NPI" was marked as disabled. This is now enabled. However note that this applies only to 4010.
- When new providers were setup in Office Therapy, no default settings were added under the HCFA Details>Insurance Specific Provider Settings.
If left as is, this would sometimes produce "System.NullReference" errors when trying to file claims for that provider
due to lack of billing and payto infomation for that provider. So now when a new provider is added, a default entry is created under the HCFA Details>Insurance Specific Provider Settings for "All Insurances" where the Billing and PayTo information defaults to provider info.
- Paper claim(HCFA 1500) form alignment was off.
- Added a section at the bottom of the Claims Manager that says "Do you want to apply any special criteria before producing your claims?". In this section you will find two new options.
- First, is the ability to exclude carriage returns from your electronic claim file. This was included to accomodate the requirement of certain insurance company.
- Second, is the ability to set the Claim Frequency Code Type
(Original, Corrected, Void or Replacement) and Original Claim Reference Number
when refiling claims.
Version 10.0.19 (February 24, 2012)
- When filing paper claims, the service facility location (box 32) would cut off the street name when using the company address.
Version 10.0.18 (February 22, 2012)
- A check box was added to the Claims Manager that will allow electronic files to be created without carriage returns.
Version 10.0.17 (February 21, 2012)
- Claims were being rejected when facility information for a location different than the provider's billing address was supplied without an NPI.
Version 10.0.16 (February 17, 2012)
- An error could occur when processing claims if the provider had information stored in the "Provider Secondary ID- Electronic Claim" fields.
Version 10.0.15 (February 14, 2012)
- When viewing the claim history, the service date (under service line details) was showing the month as "00".
Version 10.0.14 (February 9, 2012)
- A NullReferenceException error may have occurred when a provider designated specific insurance companies within the "insurance specific provider settings". This error did not occur if the provider used the "All" setting.
Version 10.0.13 (February 3, 2012)
- The application was unable to run on a virtual machine.
- In the claims manager an error occurred (specified cast is not valid) when the insurance company HCFA field override was set to blank on a date field (9a or 11a).
- Error producing paper claims for clients with charges that had more than two diagnosis code pointers. The error description is "An error occured updating entries...String or Binary Data would be truncated". This error was due to an insufficient field size in the database.
- Error producing paper claims for clients with managed care contracts. The error description is: System.NullReferenceException object reference not set to an instance of an object at....GetAssociatedCharges.
Version 10.0.12 (February 2, 2012)
- After downloading 10.0.11 version 5010 claims being produced with blank service facility info.
Version 10.0.11 (February 1, 2012)
- The status bar at the bottom now indicates the name of the database that the user is connected to.
- OfficeTherapy program can now accept the server and database name as parameterd. This means multi-database users can now switch between databases easily using desktop shortcuts with server and database information being passed as parameters.
- Reports indicated that Service Facility Loop was not included on claims.
- For charge types erroneously setup to be filed for insurance inspite of having no corresponding procedure code the program would error out.This is fixed to where if there is no procedure code the charge still appears on the claim.
- Auto update feature is available in Office Therapy again.
- Customers reported issues using the prescription system.
- Under Provider>HCFA Details screen the textboxes that were diabled(greyed out) have now been enabled again to provide the ability to the end user to make edits to the data if needed.
- Added labels on Company Info and Insurance>HCFA Details screen to indicate 4010 specific fields.
- Customers were experiencing issues adjusting margins when printing Paper Claims.
- Claims Rejections for Loop 2300-CLM08 containing an invalid value of 1 or 0. This was caused due to a bug in the Benefit Assignemnt Code Indicator.
- The auto update failed for Customers using Windows XP Home Edition with a error saying "Windows cannot find taskill.exe". Additionally ,Windows XP Home Edition users will have to ensure ClaimsManager program is closed before they run the update.
- Error updating database from OT9 to OT10.Eror description "Runtime error. DF__ClinetIns_CPolA_2BC9F7C is not a constarint. Could not drop constraint."
- Error producing paper claims for clients with employment status of "Full Time Student" or "Part Time Student". The error description is "An error occured updating entries...String or Binary Data would be truncated". This error was due to an insufficient field size in the database.
- When printing paper claims the Preview screen does not allow printer selection.
- Added an option on the Advanced tab of Claims Search to "Show only charges that have a insurance distribution i.e. Exclude charges with zero distributions to insurance"
- Enhanced Print Preview screen to only show relevant options
- Updated "FTP Credentials Missing" message to indicate that in case of lack of FTP credentials users can continue to submit claims just as they did 4010
Office Therapy (10.0.7)
- The tool bar buttons have been changed to clearly indicate the formats.'Claim Manager(5010)' is to be used for filing claims in 5010 format vs 'File Insurance(4010)' is to be used for filing claims in 4010 format
- Fixed errors in the prescription entry system.
Claims Manager (220.127.116.11)
- Null object error produced when if no was diagnosis exists for a client.
Office Therapy (10.0.6)
- Auto update feature is now a part of Office Therapy.
- The transition report screen is moved to after the login screen.
Claims Manager (18.104.22.168)
- Claim errors out with "Nullable Object must have value" error if "Patients Current Condition Related To" is set under Patient > Insurance Policy> HCFA/837 Details screen but Current Illness Date has no value
- Diagnosis pointers pointing to non-existent diagnosis due to orphan records created when people delete diagnosis
- Billing Service TaxIDType indicator (EI vs SSN) were being wrongly swapped
- Auto update feature is discontinues in ClaimsManager and is instead moved to Office Therapy. The autoupdate will update both the programs
- Tiered earning report not displayed for providers
- Runtime Error-Invalid Property value on Company Info
Claims Manager 10.0.5
- Added ability to generate a Claim Log Report at the end of Claims Processing.This report will provide a log of all the claims that have been produced
- Added ability to list only Active clients for selection on the Claims Search screen under the Clients tab
- Program would error if a Client had Secondary ID info setup for the Referring Provider
Claims Manager 22.214.171.124
- Program would error if Diagnosis Code was missing on a client
- Program would error if ISA-GS information was not custom entered
- Program would error if Client had contracts
- Program would error if user clicks upload to clearinghouse without having FTP info setup.This will now issue a warning
Claims Manager 126.96.36.199
- Fixed issues in Paper Claim generation - missing diagnosis code,missing SIGNATURE ON FILE, missing Service Line From Date etc
- Fixed Paper Claim printing to not warn about print area outside margin
- Updated the message box in application startup at beginning of program to display ErrorDetails
- Fixed splash screen to not show in taskbar
- Fixed spalsh screen to show applications version number
Claims Manager 188.8.131.52
- Added padding to ST02 for compliancy with BCBSM subsystem2 testing
- When entering payments if a payment type was not selected it would default to cash. This has been changed to where the user is now required to select a payment type
- The client's referring source information needs a first and last name in order for the entire 2310A loop to appear in claim. Company names need to be split up, which caused them to appear backwards in the claim. To fix this a drop down is not added under Client>Insurance>Additional HCFA Details which has option to select Person or Non Person Entity
- HCFA 1500 Electronic print image is not generated for secondaries unless USE GATEWAY EDI box is checked
- Client Address Book report now prints extensions for Home and Work Phones
- Added a message to indicate that an encounter slip cannot be printed once an appointment is charged
- Added ability to remove a pending charge from the list of Pending Credit Card Charges
- Managed Care Contracts not saving when new patient or new insurance policy is added
- Added menu items under Help for NPI Registry Lookup and Taxonomy Code LookupThere?s no need for additional software or equipment
- Added the ability to scan and attach documents to a client record.From under Client Setup>Docs you can now scan documents and insurance cards and attach them to a client record
- In addition to the present ability to show or hide client names, you can now choose to see only the initials of the first or last name. These preferences can be set under Calendar Properties
- Added the ability to mark appointments as Cancelled,Missed,Arrived and Seen. These can be set in the Appointment Status field of the Client Information Panel
- Patients can now be marked as Active or Inactive from the right-click menu on the Clients List
- Cosmetic changes to the message box after claim generation
- NPI number can now be printed on Patient Bills. You need to set this preference by checking the "Print On Bills" checkbox associated with the NPI box on the Provider>HCFA Details tab
- Added ability to print next appointment on a client walkout statement.Unlike 803 where this was implemented for all walkouts, with 904 this will be a choice in the Bill Producing Wizard
- SSN information on the Client and Party setup can now be masked(hidden) by enabling or disabiling the user access right "Show SSN"
- Users can now enter ICD9 diagnosis under Client>Diagnosis. Also users can pick these as diagnosis pointers when entering a charge
- Added ability to setup new clients from the right-click menu of the Calendar
- If the "Date Of Current Illness" falls after any of the dates of services in a claim(837) file, a warning is issued during the claim generation process
- Created a "Client Waitlist". This is a place to store patient names who are waiting on an appointment cancellation. A client can be added to the waitlist by checking the "Wait List ?" check box on the Client Setup screen
- You can not connect to GatewatEDI portal right from within the program. Your GatewayEDI UserID and Password can be entered and stored in the program under File>Electronic Filing Setup
- Added user rights to control access to Provider Information and Provider Earnings Report
- Enhancements - Courtesy Calls Integration:
- Automated Appointment Reminders eliminates the need for you or your staff to make calls, frees up your phone lines, and reduces your operating costs. With Courtesy Calls the information for scheduling reminder calls is extracted from your existing Office Therapy software. There?s no need for additional software or equipment
- Any add,update and delete related to Calendat Events will create entries in Audit Log
- Password finder does not work
- Using "Find" on certain fields in Client,Insurance,Provider and Referrals list would crash the program
- Recurring Appointment and Billed appointment icons reversed in Week view
- Error occurs when running Reconciliation
- If the paths set for claim files was invalid an error would occur during claim processing with an incomplete error message.This has been fixed to where a more helpful error message is displayed
- The defaults set under Insurance > HCFA Details > Additional HCFA Fields for different insurance types had no effect on the the HCFA generated
- Under Insurance > HCFA Details > Additional HCFA Fields the option to leave box 19 blank did not work
- Under Insurance > HCFA Details > Additional HCFA Fields the option to leave Authorization Number box(box 23) blank on HCFA form was broken
- Daily Payments By Provider - This report lists every payment entered on a
date or within a date range.It categorizes the payments into client payments,
insurance payments and party payments. The report will group the payments by the
- Daily Payments By User - This report lists every payment entered on a
date or within a date range.It categorizes the payments into client payments,
insurance payments and party payments. The report will group the payments by the
user who entered the payment.
- Mail merge would error out when user-defined fields were setup for
- Selective procedures added to the procedure list of a Managed Care
Contract are not saved
- When adding a new chareg to a client that has standard charge setup,
when the amounts are changed, checking the box to update the clients standard
charge returns an error and the standard charge is not updated
- Provider Earnings Detail report does not sort alphabetically
- Report Essentials errors with a SQLCLI error when connecting to SQL
- Running reports ex overdue payments report returns 'Now is not
recognized built-in function name' error
- Ability to send NPI only claims.Some clearinghouses require an "NPI
Only" claim.This means that in addition to supressing the 2310B REF they also
require the REF segments of 201AA,2010AB and 2330E to be surpressed. Checks have
been added under Insurance> Efile tab to exclude each of these segments. Adding
a "Y" here exclude the segment from that particular loop
- Ability to list local or all SQL Servers by using the check box under
"Open Another Database"
- Creating an appointment for a client that has both a primary and secondary provider setup, will create appointments for both providers
- When creating an appointment for a client adding a second provider to the appointment would affect the next appointment being setup
- Clicking on a event in a calendar would bring up unrelated information
- Unable to add a new client with an apostrophe in their name
Version 8.0.4 (06/08/2011)
1. Only one ICD9 diagnosis enabled on Charge Diagnosis Pointers.
2. Ledger entries can now be set to be un-editable using an administrator level user-defined preference under Preferences>Customize
1. Added ability to print next appointment on a client walkout statement. Unlike earlier version where this was implemented for all walkouts, with 804 this will be a choice in the Bill Producing Wizard.
2. Added menu items under Help for NPI Registry Lookup and Taxonomy Code Lookup
Version 8.0.2 (February 18,2009)
- Under Insurance Company > HCFA Details > Additional HCFA Fields,
30 is now available for overrides. Users who need a way to leave the box 30
(Balance Due) field blank on the printed form can do so now ex. Some times
providers (who are out of network or not accepting assignment) generate CMS form
for patients to submit and are providing a fee reduction or adjustment, could
need the Box 30 to reflect the allowed fee or be left blank
- Under Insurance Company > HCFA Details > Additional HCFA Fields,
28 is now available under the "Copy Data From Box #" drop down. Users who need
to copy the "Total Charge Amount" (box 28) information to the "Balance Due"
(box 30) field, can do so now
- A new report called Card Transactions By Date. This report
lists the card transactions sorted by date for a given date range
- The new and improved Client Activity Reports are now in Report Essentials,
accessed from Reports > Report Essentials. The older Client Activity
Reports are still
available under Reports > Legacy Reports
Version 8.0.1 (January 21,2009)
New Report Essentials 2.0 is now available ONLY with this update.
- The new and improved Insurance Management Reports are now in Report Essentials,
accessed from Reports > Report Essentials. The older Insurance Management Reports are still
Reports > Legacy Reports.
- Advanced Features like searching a report, adding watermark and exporting reports to multiple file formats
is available on all reports in Report Essentials.
- Report Essentials now supports concurrent report generation. This means you do not have to wait for one report to finish before you generate another.
- Two bonus new reports
- Insurance Charge Detail (a report that provides a
calculation summary for each insurance charge)
- Insurance Payments (a report that helps track insurance details while providing list of charges to which they were applied)
Note: Report Essentials 2.0 requires Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or
higher installed on the workstation. Click
here to obtain the .NET Framework from Microsoft.
Version 7.50.82 (December 18,2008)
- Events can be shown or hidden in the calendar using a checkbox under Calendar Properties
- Client phone number extension field can now accommodate 9 digits
- Bill does not print even if client set to always
- Access rights related to View and Add/Edit notes did not work correctly
Version 7.50.81 (November 19,2008)
- Adding a payment from the charge screen
- The "Re-produce Bill For client" process in the bill producing
- Bill Producing Wizard would sometimes incorrectly produce bills for person with
no activity with only "print bill for clients with activity" selected on the
Bill Producing Wizard
- A blank line would print for AddressLine2 of Box 33 of CM 1500 if
there was no data for AddressLine2. This has been fixed to where AddressLine2
for box 33 will be printed only when data for AddressLine2 exists
- Amount Paid was not showing on HCFA print images
- Some insurance companies like Medicare are requiring that the
provider taxonomy code be sent only in the 2000A and be excluded from the 2310B. A check "Exclude
PRV segment from 2310B" is added under
Insurance> Efile tab. Adding a "Y" here will remove the PRV segment
containing taxonomy code from only the loop 2310B
- Ability to add "my fields" to printed client face sheet
- Ability to add cell phone under client party setup
- In the calendar, a snapshot of the Clients Information is now
available in a more user friendly grid
- The error displayed in claim generation when a * or ~ exists
will now include the client name, thus making it easy to pull up that client's
record for correction
Version 7.50.80 (October 21,2008)
- The second page of bills with logo was misformatted
- Under Insurance Company > HCFA Details > Additional HCFA Fields, 24J
is now available for overrides. Users who need a way to leave the 24J NPI number
blank on printed CMS form can do so here ex. Medicaid requires the box 24J be
left blank if the provider is a solo practitioner
- Under Insurance Company > HCFA Details > Additional HCFA Fields, 26
is now available under the "Copy Data From Box #" drop down. Users who need to
send "Patient Account Number" (box 26) information in the "Reserved for Local
Use" field of CMS 1500 can do so now
- Warning message, when adding a new client ,to inform the user if a
client with the same name already exists in the system
- Ability to inactivate clients based on charge activity and date
range. This feature is located at File > Administration > Client Status Utility
- Ability for user to customize a default Email Message for Appointment
Reminders. This feature is located at File > Administration > Maintain Company
Information > Email Message
Version 7.50.79 (August 27, 2008)
- Title entered in the billing wizard would incorrectly wrap to the next line
- Bill Producing Wizard would sometimes incorrectly produce bills for person with zero balance or activity
- Under Insurance Company > HCFA Details > Additional HCFA Fields ,when overriding text in box 11a by either using
"Copy data from HCFA Box #" option or "Use Following Text" option, the Male/Female check box of 11 a field on the HCFA form would be incorrectly populated with this
This has been fixed to be left blank under given conditions
- The template output directory was populated with an incorrect directory location
- The backup process internally in Office Therapy (under File > Backup database) was different from the one in OT utility program
- Ability to include company logo on statements. The preferred logo can be setup under File > Administration > Maintain Company Information
- Updated the party billing option (under Client > Parties > Party Details > Print Bill) to say "When account or party has balance" instead of "When client or party has balance
Version 7.50.78 (August 7, 2008)
- Primary insurance payment information (DTP segment) was not populating on a claim filed to the secondary
- Authorizations did not show up on "Go To Charge" screen.
This has been fixed. Additionally authorizations will also appear on the power
- Client's Other Phone Number 1 and
Client's Other Phone Number 2 can now be included in the Phone Book Report
- Ability to view the full 7 day week in the
calendar. A check box under Calendar Properties will turn this feature on
- Adjustments can now be made right from the payment
screen. (This feature is temporarily unavailable, waiting until further development)
- Some payers like Oklahoma Medicaid require the contract Information (CN1) segment in the 2300 Loop of 837. A field has been added in OT to
accommodate this. This field is located in client setup under Insurance >Additional Details>Contract Information
- Blue Cross Provider Number (1A) under Provider Setup> HCFA Details
- The error displayed in claim
generation when a * or ~ exists in patient information will now include the
client name, thus making it easy to pull up that client's record for correction
Version 7.50.77 (June 16, 2008)
- In some instances Alt-L does not
open the ledger after the client name is typed
- Error when mail merging with Office
- Some insurance companies are
only accepting NPI information in loop 2310B for Rendering Provider. Hence
Tax ID information needs to be explicitly excluded from the REF segment of
loop 2310B. A check "Exclude REF segment from 2310B" is added under
Insurance> Efile tab. Adding a "Y" here will remove the REF segment
containing tax id information from only the loop 2310B
- Overdue payments reports will now
include overdue secondary insurance payments in addition to the overdue
primary insurance payments
- When redistributing a portion of
charge to a new party that was added to the client record after the charge
was created, a message is displayed informing the user that they need to
first save the charge with the new party on it and then redistribute it
- Multiple providers can now be
setup as default in the calendar. This option is available under Calendar
Version 7.50.75 (May 20, 2008)
- A 837 claim produced pulls the correct facility name and address
from client setup (client setup>Insurance>HCFA/837 details, leave box 33
unchecked) ,but the city state and zip are pulled from Provider setup
(Provider setup>HCFA Details>box 33)
- Report Essentials will not launch is there is database password
- Error in file path when attempting to create new document from
client setup> Docs tab
- Overdue Payments report was showing entries where there was no
distribution to the insurance company. With the new option to exclude
charges with zero distribution to insurance company from the claims these
entries will not show up on the Overdue Payment Reports
- The size of facility address fields under client setup are now
increased to 30 characters
- When insurance filing you can exclude charges with zero
distribution to insurance companies. This applies to both electronic (837)
and paper (HCFA 1500) claims
- Field in OT to populate the paperwork on file (PWK) segment in
the 2300 Loop of 837 as needed by certain payers. This field is located in
client setup under Insurance >Additional Details>Paperwork Available on
- The calendar has a new improved look
Version 7.50.74 (Oct 1, 2007)
- On Vista machines, an error would appear saying it was unable to
move certain files, even after the files had been moved successfully
- Error when filing overdue insurance
Version 7.50.73 (September 17, 2007)
- Credit Card Setting for Amex and Discover appears to not being saved correctly
- When entering ACH a blank message box pops up
- Card Transaction Report was displaying all payments including CASH. It
was also displaying some payments with dates as 1899
- Report Essentials does not save connection string. You had to go
File>Connection to setup every time
- Merchant is misspelled in the credit card processing set up window
- OT query getting 430 errors. A corrupted version was being deployed in
the full install
- Edit refund is not working properly with Day sheet report. Fixed- If the
directory path for saving 837 files is set to a server location that does not
exist then the application crashes
- Punctuations are being parsed out when entered in the HCFA address
fields. The claims are getting rejected due to a missing hyphen in the customers
- For the Group ID on the Insurance Company setup on the HCFA Details tab
the ID type that can be set for it did not allow a BLANK selection to be made.
Blank ID Types are added in the HCFA Details section of the Insurance Company
- In the contract watch you could only put in 1000 authorizations. This has
now been increased to 10,000
- Policy number for inactive insurance companies were not printing on HCFA or CMS.
Also when filing Inactive secondary Insurance incorrect information was showing
on Electronic File Claim Log for 837 formats. This was modified to where
Inactive Insurances are not listed on the File Insurance screen. In order to
file claims for an inactive insurance, the policy needs to be activated for that
Version 7.50.71 (June 25, 2007)
- DSM coded printed on encounter slip instead of
- Power charging the type is not changing in the ledger received payment screen
- Error when clicking on Go To Charge and Trying to Enter
- Adding more than 4 DSM codes causes error
- Entering a payment from the power charge screen for a
prior date set the payment date as current date instead of the prior
- Taxonomy code (ZZ) qualifier for group ID does not
- Payment disappears when trying to modify previous
- Error when compacting database
- Ability to choose a Current Method directly from the Receive Payment\ EOB window without opening the previous Payment Method window
- Details of payment can be viewed by clicking on Payment Details
button. Click on this to open the Payment window or choose a Credit Card\ACH from the Pick list and the Payment Methods window will automatically show up
- Additional option to search by Last Modified Date is
now available on the Daysheet report
- Box 19 for CMS/HCFA is associated with each insurance
policy. And is now located on Client Setup>Insurance Tab instead of
HCFA/837 Details screen
Version 7.50.68 (May 9, 2007)
- Inability to add payment properly before saving charge
- The daysheet was not resetting totals between refreshes
- The CMS 33b field not rendering properly for group providers
- The version number displayed as "7.05" rather than "7.50"
- Personal Health Information removal utility
- Provider Taxonomy (ZZ) To provider ID Types
- Payment Method column to the ledger
- Payment Reference Number is available to all payment methods
- Default to "Cash" payment method for receiving payments
Version 7.50.67 (April 30, 2007)
- Intermittent error when deactivating an insurance company
- The QuicDoc referral source being removed when an Office Therapy Client
Record was modified
- Facility City, State and Zip code not being interpreted correctly when
filing 837 claims
- CMS1500 not showing group ID in 33b if one exists
- Vista OS Support
- Credit Card Processing
- Robust Payment Methods support. Including CC Information
- Adding a Charge from the Appointment Screen
- Adding a Payment from the Appointment Screen
- Power Charging. All payment types supported. Payments for all
- Diagnosis pick lists for commonly used diagnoses
- Support for both DSM and ICD codes
- Improved Help Files with many more details and screenshots
- ICD 9 Code List
Version 7.00.66 (January 9, 2007)
- Intermittent error when filing overdue insurance claims
- Incorrect default date in the day sheet report
- Organizational NPI
Version 7.00.65 (December 22, 2006)
- Intermittant error when filing overdue insurance claims
(November 6, 2006)
- Modifying dates with the keyboard that was broken with release of 7.0.63
- Report filter problem in Report Essentials
- CMS 1500 Form showing Rendering Provider Address Line 2 after City, State
- A problem during creation of new directories that caused the program to
- Ability to file insurance to inactive insurance companies
- Report Essentials support for queries with grouping and having clauses
Version 7.00.63 (October 9, 2006)
- Accept assignment on super bill will display correctly
- Provider NPI
- Report Essentials, ad hoc reporting tool
- FaceSheet Report
- New Form Alignment tool
- Added CMS1500 format insurance filing forms capability
Version 6.10.62 (August 31, 2006)
- Error when modifying a user defined field definition with auto-fill turned
- Not showing Amount Paid on HCFA Print Images
- Not showing default provider in the charge screen sometimes
- Extra Diagnosis pointer on HCFA
- In the provider Payroll detail report you can now select to show charges
that have payments made in the date range
- Unable to add or modify user defined fields in appointments
- Sending a confirmation email for an appointment
- Error when creating Mail Merge Documents in the client docs tab for Word
97 and Word 2000
- Unable to delete all recurring events for one provider
- Save Statements to PDF option and removed Save statements to RTF Option
that erroneously appeared
- Display of Diagnoses not displaying trailing zero's in the client detail
- An insurance policy group name
Version 6.10.59 (June 1, 2006)
- The refresh button on the audit report screen
- The hospitalization From and To dates may be used for 837 Admission and
Discharge Dates unless the efile tab admission and discharge are used
- Unable to select a user when logging into Office Therapy
- 837 Filing warning for Claim Filing Indicator and Insurance Company
ID's for Gateway EDI
Version 6.10.58 (April 24, 2006)
- Insurance Company ID missing in 837 when used as a secondary payer
- View835 Is now a separate window that can stay on top and be searched
Version 6.10.57 (April 6,
- Charge screen gave warning saying the a charge for that day already existed
if just an appointment was scheduled. The screen will now say that an appointment
had been scheduled
- Showing previously selected insurance company for a client on calendar
- Print Image Filing errors if print image file is missing. Fixed,
will now recreate the missing file
- Multiple Diagnosis Pointers on HCFA 1500
- Existing appointment message on charge screen
- Ability to change all insurance companies at once to a different electronic
- Gateway EDI enhancements for HCFA Print Images
- Provider Payroll detail report will not show separate client payments
for each charge and the to and from dates will apply to payments rather than charges
- PRV segment processing in Ansi 837 Files
Version 6.10.56 (January 18, 2006)
- Ability to bypass Appointment modification rights and save Appt
- Secondary Provider Group ID's
- Ability to produce Day sheet using either transaction dates or
data entry dates
Version 6.10.55 (December 15, 2005)
- Truncating attachment file names in tasks
now show clients without insurance in the filtered client list when no
insurance companies selected
- Comments column to the Contract Watch List
- Inactive clients to the referred clients list in the referral
source detail screen
- Separate Release Of Information Code for 837's
- Electronic Filing Test mode will now produce HCFA Print Images
Version 6.10.54 (October 25, 2005)
- Adding an appointment from the appointment list causing an error
- Removed the ability to accidentally delete a client when viewing a
and Print client's future appointments from the calendar
- A warning message for missed diagnosis in the 837 submission
- Ability to set the PayTo/BillTo Provider as an Individual rather
- Entire Client Note will print in Mail Merge
- The Insurance Policy out of date range warning
will only display for charges now
- Calendar/Client Information Client Amount Due now includes fee
Version 6.10.53 (July 19, 2005)
Assignment of Benefits flag has been moved to the insurance policy
- The Check Register number to the available ledger field
- The allocation of managed contract authorizations where
contract dates overla
Version 6.10.52 (June 22, 2005)
- Remaining Authorizations showing none left when only specific CPT's
- RunTime Error 91 when viewing appointment details in appointment
- User.exe and GDI.dll errors during startup for Windows 98 and
Windows ME users
Version 6.10.50 (June 9, 2005)
- 'Invalid Use of Null' Error when selecting client
Version 6.10.49 (June 6, 2005)
- Client Copay on Client Information Panel showing entire client fee
including Insurance fee rather than client CoPay Amount
- Ability to see both client and party
portion in the Client Information panel on the calendar
Version 6.10.48 (May 31, 2005)
- Electronic Prescription Writing
- A client information panel on the
- The ability to hide client names on the
- The ability to view a client ledger
directly from the calendar
- Ability to Power Charge for a specific
- The ability to delete recurring
appointments from a specific date forward
- Insurance Policy information to the
- Authorization information to the
- The next appointment date to the
- Other phone numbers to the mail merge
available field list
- User defined client fields to the mail
merge available field list
- Client diagnoses to the client list
- A warning for a client without a
diagnosis while electronic filing
- The ability to select active and inactive
clients in client-based reports
- Client Payment Method Summary
- Supervisory Provider Secondary
Version 6.00.46 (Feb 24, 2005)
- Ability to See Client Details from
- Automatic Rounding for Charge
Distributions and standard charges
- Client Activity Detail report to show a
total unpaid amount at both provider level and the report level
Version 6.00.45 (Jan 6, 2005)
- Day View not showing Work Schedule
- Object (Database) Not Open Problem in
Recalculate Client Balances and other functions
- Day Sheet Totals not printing
- Ability to double click on a .mbc file
and start OT
- Referring Physician Date Last Seen for
- Supervising Provider Secondary ID and
Type for 837
Version 6.00.44 (Dec 15, 2004)
- Too Many Fields error in reports
- Too Many Tables error
- Managed Care Detail Report Header
printing all patient names in header
- 'Go To Today' button to Calendar
- Totals on Bills will now stay together
on the same page
Version 6.00.43 (Nov 9, 2004)
- Charge Provider Override not staying
- Access rights for deleting
/Adding/Editing appointments and events has been fixed
- Audit Log Filtering
- 837 Claim Resubmission values for Ins Co.
- Ability to tell the 837 process that the
rendering provider is the same as the payto provider
- Ability to set an Insurance company to
use the provider address information rather than the company address
- The ability to Include or Exclude
Uncharged Scheduled Appointments in the Walkout Statement and the Reproduce
Version 6.00.42 (October 5, 2004)
- Reconcile Activity will now work for a single
provider or client. Rather than reconciling for everyone even though only one
person was selected
- QuicDoc Import Utility corrected
Version 6.00.40 (September 20, 2004)
- Secondary Insurance Company ID and Type for 837
- Ability to independently adjust each line of a HCFA
- Custom 24K value at the charge level
- Company Phone Number to Encounter Sheet
- Ability to type free text in appointment area of Calendar
- 837 Date of Current Illness is now an optional value
Version 6.00.38 (Aug 27, 2004)
- An error code for 837 log for no charge
Version 6.00.37 (Aug 20, 2004)
- The ability to customize the allocation
of the balance due on a charge after an insurance payment
Version 6.00.36 (Aug 11, 2004)
- The Database Engine Version was updated to improve
functionality in the Client List
Version 6.00.35 (Aug 9, 2004)
- Insurance Policy Information field is now available as a column in
the Client List
- User Access Level for Document Templates
- The ability to exclude payment types, such as credit card payments
that are deposited electronically, from the Bank Deposit Sheet of the Day
- 837 Electronic Claims Format 2010BA DMG ? Subscriber
Information - section will always appear
- The Client Phone Book Report now includes Party Name and Phone
Numbers, as well as Client Name and Phone Numbers
- The Provider Payroll Report now handles partial payments, as
well as payments in full
Version 6.00.34 (June 16, 2004)
- 837 Electronic Format - 2310B
Rendering Provider name is now compared to Pay To Provider
Version 6.00.33 (June 10, 2004)
- User Access Level maintenance can no
longer be performed by anyone other than a Master Access level user
- Improved the functionality of
Recurring Events in the Calendar
Version 6.00.32 (May 21, 2004)
- The Insurance Type in Box 1 of the HCFA
Print Image Electronic Claims now populates in the correct location
- Value for EA048 in NSF for Referring
Physician Last Seen Date (Client Setup : Insurance tab : HCFA Details : Box 17
Date of Referral)
Version 6.00.31 (May 10, 2004)
- A unique value for ISA13 was added for
837 Electronic Claims Files to allow for sending claims to Availity
Version 6.00.30 (May 6, 2004)
- Ability to search for Client by Client ID
(CltnId) in the Client List
- Additional 837 ISA and GS Fields were
added ? Button found in File > Administration > Maintain Electronic
- Client Bills can now be printed even
if their Insurance Policy has been deleted in the Client Setup
Version 6.00.29 (April 8, 2004)
- Viewing available appointment times in
- Printing Exact address location on
- A new Show Separate Payments option on
Billing reports, that summarizes charges and payments and totals at the end of
- In the Client Activity Summary by
Client Report, made the client rows bold so that they are easier to
- The GoTo Payment Button on the Charge
screen will now show the type of payment or adjustment that was
Version 6.00.28 (Mar 24, 2004)
- Ability to Delete a single occurrence of
a Recurring Event for one Provider
- Field for ISA05
- Customizable Client Bill
Version 6.00.27 (Mar 12, 2004)
- Additional 837 fields (File >
Administration > Maintain Electronic Filing) for ISA06 and ISA07;
Interchange Sender ID and Qualifier
Version 6.00.26 (Mar 9, 2004)
- Export from OT to QD problem when the QD
version is earlier than 3.86.54
- Client List Column of Last Visit
- Additional 837 fields (File >
Administration > Maintain Electronic Filing) for ISA06 and ISA07;
Interchange Sender ID and Qualifier
- Encounter Form now includes Party Balance
and CoPay Information
- Provider Payroll Detail Report now show
all charges ? Fully Paid, Partially Paid, and Unpaid
Version 6.00.25 (Feb 16, 2004)
- Referring Provider Secondary ID and Type
(Client Setup : Insurance tab : HCFA Details button)
Version 6.00.24 (Feb 11, 2004)
- Ability to add My Fields in the
Appointment window : My Fields tab
- Ability to print Walkout Statement when
Contract Watch shows on Startup
Version 6.00.23 (Jan 29, 2004)
- Generating Print Images will not
append information to the same file - files will be renamed (current001.bch,
Version 6.00.22 (Jan 13, 2004)
- Months Without Pay now calculates
- Invalid Argument Error when compressing
a database from File > Administration
- Recalculating Client Balances now also
Recalculates Months Without Pay
Version 6.00.21 (Dec 18, 2003)
- Ability to specify how HCFA Box 29 Amount
Paid is calculated (Insurance Setup : HCFA Details tab)
Version 6.00.20 (Dec 18, 2003)
- Incorrect Authorizations remaining on
- Invalid Argument Error when compressing
a database in OTUtility
- Open Database if not found
- Registration from within Office
- Check so that the last person with master
access cannot be deleted
- Ability to import custom fields for
Clients and Insurance Companies
- Changed the way confirmation emailing
works so that it will work with whatever default email client is set
Version 6.00.19 (Dec 10, 2003)
- Incorrect Provider PIN being used when
- Importing from Delimited Text file now shows
correct labels when importing Insurance and Referral information
Version 6.00.18 (Dec 2, 2003)
- Intermittent behavior with incorrect Date
appearing (1/1/2000) when adding a new appointment
- Incorrect Provider showing when adding a
new appointment from the Day View, while viewing multiple
Version 6.00.17 (Nov 14, 2003)
- Intermittent behavior with Authorization
number not showing on HCFA
- Day Sheet now correctly shows correct
Provider Totals information
Version 6.00.16 (Nov 4, 2003)
- Ability to Compact and Repair
- Recurring Events now show in Week
Version 6.00.14 (Oct 23, 2003)
- Encounter Form now prints Co-Pay amount for
Clients with negative balances
- Ability to enter multiple Secondary
Provider IDs (Provider Setup : HCFA Details tab)
- Provider ID Type Codes listed with
Descriptions (Provider Setup : HCFA Details tab)
Version 6.00.12 (Oct 16, 2003)
- Calendar now refreshes automatically when adding
a new appointment
- Sporadic Type Mismatch or Lost Focus when
charging a non Standard Charge
- Recurring Appointments show the correct
number and dates when Power Charging
Version 6.00.11 (Oct 2, 2003)
- Not able to delete charged recurring
appointments from ledger view
Version 6.00.10 (Oct 2, 2003)
- Added Validation for the Begin and End dates in
the Provider Earnings Summary
- No longer able to delete any reconciled activity
from the Ledger
- Ability to print Appointment times on
Day View Calendar Printout
- Ability to delete Charges that were
associated with Recurring Appointments
- Line spacing issues with client
- Go To Calendar from Appointment list will
now go to the appointment day selected
- Printing Payment Types on the Client
Activity Detail Report
- Rendering Provider Signature Override in Client
Setup| Insurance tab| Signature
- Moving or Resizing Appointment in Week
Version 6.00.9 (Sep 26, 2003)
- Missing Recurring Events if no End Date
Version 6.00.7 (Sep 22, 2003)
- NSF/837 Password to allow for 10
- Help > About screen displays
updated Office Therapy Version number
Version 6.00.6 (Sep 16, 2003)
- Automation Error when Filing
- Ability to apply Deductible Information in
- General behavior when setting QuicDoc
database information in Preferences > Customize
Version 6.0 ( September 8,
Office Therapy 6 has introduced a number of
significant new features and functionality.
Calendar- There have been
significant enhancements made to the scheduling functions in Office Therapy. The
NEW calendar screens offer both a day and week view, and allow for greater
graphical interface. Appointments can be moved and changed using the mouse, or
?dragged? from one time to another or one provider to another.
- day and weeks views
- create recurring appointments as well as
- print encounter slips/forms
- select appointment intervals of 5, 10, 15,
30, or 60 minutes
- print day view for selected providers or week
view for single provider
- appointment icons to indicate recurring, charged,
or reminder status, and presence of a note
- ability to power charge non-standard charges
tbrough the calendar
- set provider?s work schedule (start and end
times) for each day
Security- There have been a number
of security enhancements made to Office Therapy. These were designed with HIPAA
regulations in mind.
- add database password protection to your Office
- set User Access Levels to restrict access to
certain areas/functions of the program by user
- track who has viewed, added, modified, or deleted
data using Office Therapy?s Audit Log
Electronic Claims- Office Therapy
can now transmit HIPAA-required ANSI 837 claims, and can view and manage 835
Response Files. The introduction of ANSI 837claim generation is the most
significant enhancement to Office Therapy. While many other software products
have used a modified NSF format to comply with HIPAA, DocuTrac, Inc. has
incorporated 837 capability. Further, by using the 837 format, Office
Therapy can now handle COB or processing claims to Secondary Insurances using
electronic filing (prior to this secondary claims had to be sent on HCFA
- In addition to sending 837 claims, Office Therapy
can also manage and read 835 response files.
Maintain Multiple Standard Charges- Whereas, in previous versions of Office Therapy you could only maintain one
standard charge at a time, Office Therapy 6 can manage multiple standard
charges. The way this is accomplished is by referring to the history of charges.
Thus, if you have previously charged for a non-standard charge and setup billing
distributions for that charge, Office Therapy will recall the distributions if
you bill it again, even though it is not the standard charge.
Managed Care Contracts -
Office Therapy 6 allows for multiple Contracts
for the same time period, for different providers and services. So, for
example, you can now setup two contracts; one for 10 sessions with one provider
for 90806, and one for 10 sessions with another provider for 90847.
Other Enhancements Include
- Import patient data from delimited text
- Includes up-to-date ICD-9-CM codes for
- Drop-down selection for Referring M.D.?s (HCFA
- Find future appointments for a client from the
client list (right-click client and select Appointments)
- SuperBill ? Office Therapy 6 can now print
- Provider?s work schedule can be defined for each
day (e.g. Mon 9-5, Tue 10-4, etc.)
- Preference has been added to check payment as
Paid in Full when entered
- Client Activity Detail Report now distinguished
Client and Insurance Payments
- The position of the address can be more finely
set for windowed envelopes on HCFA?s and Bills
- Filter Appointment List by Client
- Header information is no longer printed on every
page of a multi-page bill; header information only appears on the first page
to reduce wasted paper
Version 5.2 (May 6, 2003)
- Added ability to set Password for
database(s) to prevent unauthorized access of database using Access or other
- Audit Logging - Added audit logging to
track activity in Office Therapy database. Tracks action, user, computer, and
time/date stamps the entry
- Access Levels - Added ability to set
access levels for each user. Each user can now be granted rights to specific
areas and functions, or access can be restricted
- Name settings (e.g. Client vs.
Patient), QuicDoc Data Exchange settings, and Backup on Exit option in
Preferences, can only be modified by users with Master Access
- Only users with Master Access can
create Public Lists; otherwise, lists created users without Master Access are
- HCFA form now displays Amount Paid (Box
29) for Primary Insurance. Prior to this version, Paid amount was displayed
only for Secondary Insurance claims on the HCFA-1500
- Function on Appointment List menu
(right-mouse menu) to Go to Calendar
Version 5.06 (February 20, 2003)
- Under setup for Electronic Filing,
checkbox for Test Mode. If checked, all NSF claims are run by clearinghouse in
test mode and not for actual production
- Provider Number, NSF CA0-28 positions 213
to 227, needed for Tri-Care. Use Box 25, Fed Tax Id, in Provider HCFA details
- For insurance companies who do not want a
Date of Current Illness (Box 14). If omitted, NSF indicator indicates no date
has been entered
- Insurance Policy ID column to
Insurance Filing History List. Policy ID may be requested on report when
insurance company wants proof of filing
- Under HCFA Details for Patient Insurance
setup, added date field for date patient signed authorization to release
information. This date is used for Box 12 on the HCFA and for NSF electronic
filing in EAO-14. Office Therapy had been using the date of filing for this
- Appointment List View - filter by date
- Error when adding or updating a patient
if Auto-Export to QuicDoc set to ON and patient's provider had not been added
to QuicDoc previously
- Medicare Provider# not populating
consistently in BAO-09 field for NSF file. New logic gets Medicare# from
Provider Setup, E-File. If this is empty, it uses the Group# (Box 33) from
Insurance Company setup, HCFA. Otherwise, it uses the Provider's PIN for
Medicare, under Provider setup, PIN Numbers
- Rendering Provider NPI not populating
consistently in FAO-23 field for NSF file. New logic uses entry from Provider
E-File setup or PIN # for given insurance company
Version 5.05 (November 5, 2002)
- Office Therapy and QuicDoc can now
automatically exchange data. New or updated patients, providers, insurance
companies, and referral sources are automatically "sent" to QuicDoc. See
option to automatically export to QuicDoc under Preferences...Customize
- NSF field for Rendering Provider NPI
logic enhanced to use HCFA overrides (Additional Fields) in Insurance Company
setup (HCFA Details tab) for Box 24K, if no Rendering Provider NPI entered in
Provider E-File area
- Reference # in Bill Printing for Check
- When printing bills, if Provider License
contained more than two lines, only the first two would print
- Runtime error 6, Overflow error when
processing bills or insurance with very large numbers of transactions
Version 5.04 (October 1, 2002)
- New and Improved Help System. The new
help system is a compiled HTML Help file
- Day Sheet was incorrectly displaying
payments from Insurance as from Responsible Parties and visa versa
Version 5.03 (August 12, 2002)
- Default Provider for Import of QuicDoc
patients added. So if no matching provider (not paired) client gets associated
with default provider. Also added ability to filter list of QuicDoc patients
to import, by QuicDoc provider
- Ability to add words to custom
dictionary for spell checking in Notes
- Bill Client. Error when billing a client
and selecting Build List by Provider. NEW - Added Import Wizard to import
patients from text delimited files. Allows for creating map files to map text
file fields to Office Therapy database fields. See
File...Administration...Import Delimited Text
- Deposit Sheet on Day Sheet Report showed
credit card payments as Check
- Walkout Statement not printing for client
with responsible party where balance is zero
- Long Insurance company and referral
source names printing beyond label width when printing labels
- NSF file data was being printed using
- Backup in OTUtility.exe was not
overwriting backup file on disk when the name was the same
- Amount Paid (HCFA Box 29) was running
over into Box 30 on HCFA-1500 printouts
- Syntax Error when generating a Bill
Listed by Provider
- Recurring events for a yearly event
failed when in a month with 5 weeks
- Provider PIN not going to correct
position for NSF file
- Error when selecting Creating a New
Database and then selecting Cance
Version 5.0 (June 7, 2002)
- NEW Day Sheet Report ? The Day Sheet
Report lists all transactions for the date range specified, sorted by date,
client, or provider. The following columns are listed in the report: client
name, transaction date, provider, payer, transaction type or code, adjustment
(for charges only), and amount of transaction. Totals are provider for
charges, client payments, insurance payments, refunds, and adjustments. A
total balance is also calculated. If there is more than one provider, totals
and a balance are calculated for each. In addition to the Day Sheet, a Bank
Deposit Sheet is printed. The deposit sheet shows all payments with date,
client name, payer, payment method and reference (or check) number, and
amount. Totals are provided for cash, checks, and the grand total
- Improved Licensing method providing
greater easy of use, activation using e-mail, and improved reliability
- Print preview functionality on reports
has been enhanced to allow more options in zooming, output formats, and
improved performance. Now allows output as RTF or PDF format for
- Added spell checking to Patient
- New Utility, separate application, to
do Backup, Restore, Database repairs and compression, and for File Version
- Preferences consolidated on one screen
and fixed broken link to Help from this screen
- When setting up a new user, Master
Access defaults to True
- Microsoft?s Jetcomp Utility for repair
and compression of databases now ships with OT
- OT?s trial period has been changed from
30 days to 20 uses
- After creating a new database,
application automatically goes to User setup first, since this is first action
- Option to prompt to Backup when
exiting added to preferences
- Added syncbronization with QuicDoc.
Ability to import basic information on Patients, Providers, Referral Sources,
and Insurance Companies
- All files on removable media (e.g.
diskettes or zip disks) were deleted before a backup was copied to
- Submitter Type field for electronic
claims was not being transmitted. (See Maintain Electronic Filing Information
- Default date for billing and receiving
payments changed when appointment added to calendar for an earlier or later
- Client Activity Summary not reflecting
- When using HCFA 1500 format for
electronic billing, provider signature was printing twice
- Bills were printing for client even
though setting for client was Never Print Bill. This occurred for reproducing
a bill and walk-out statements
- Where a contract covered a specific
procedure, and another procedure was used, the warning appeared that only n
visits were remaining. Though not counting the non-covered procedure, it was
giving a false warning for the contract
- When a non-covered procedure printed to
the HCFA, it was printing the authorization number of the current
- Non-covered charges were printing on same
HCFA as charges which were authorized
- When disabling ?Group by Providers?
option in report Client Parties with Insurance, insurance information didn't
- If client had secondary provider and
appointment was made, appointments were being scheduled for both providers for
- When filing secondary insurance, Amount
Paid by primary insurance was not being filled for HCFA line 29
- HCFA Details, under Insurance Company
setup, were being formatted as currency, even if the needed format was for a
regular number (e.g. SSN)
- Error ?too many fields? when going to
Appointment List. This was caused by more than 4 user-defined fields being
added to Patient, Provider, Insurance Company, or Referral Source
- HCFA Details, under Insurance setup was
formatting numbers as Currency, and stripping out leading zeros (e.g. if SSN
needed and started with a zero)
- Client Phone Book printed duplicate
client names when client had more than one responsible